Monday, April 8, 2013

Missions Monday! Pre-summer camp Albania





But Jesus said “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” Matthew 19:14 NLT

Mission Without Borders offers summer camps for thousands of disadvantaged children in each of the six field countries in Eastern Europe. For many of these children this is a welcome respite from a difficult childhood. Some of these children are abandoned, some are from the Family Sponsorship program, but all participants are treated to 10 days of healthy, delicious meals, outdoor play, crafts, and lessons about the God Who loves them unconditionally.

A child from Romania wrote that, “It is so nice here! I wish I could live here with my parents and brothers and sisters. I love the food and the children are really nice.” He had the opportunity to participate in a play with other campers.

The camp director talked about the camp, “It is... the first time he has been out of the village where he was born and the first time he has socialized with different people. He has already learnt some moral and spiritual lessons which are totally new to him. The camp’s theme is “How to Live According to God’s Will and How to Develop Correct Christian Attitudes.”


(source Overcomers 2013, Mission Without Borders Australia)

A week at summer camp can change a child's life forever!  You can help by donating here!



8 comments:

Natalie Parvis-Nichols said...

I attended Girl Scout camp as a child and extreme adventure camp as a teen, which included rock climbing, kyaking, canoeing, hiking, backpacking, camping and white water rafting. It was ridiculous.

Sherri L said...

I never attended camp as a child

Kelli A said...

I did not attend summer camp as a child. I did go camping as a child though.

Unknown said...

Never got to go to summer camp, my mom could not afford it. My summer camp was my back yard and a hose.

Unknown said...

I never got to attend a camp as a child but am certain it is a great experience for children.

Susan Johnson said...

I never did attend Summer camp, but knew many children who did. Many enjoyed their experiences and came back with lots of great skills.

sohamolina said...

No camp as a child

Lesley said...

I attended camp twice. I was incredibly home sick the first time, and basically clung to my cousin (who was on the adult staff). The second time I don't remember much of so it must not have been too eventful :)