Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What I'm Reading Today




I have been listening to Ephesians on my iPod along with podcasts of sermons and Steve Brown Etc, a Christian talk show.  Two weeks ago, they hosted Mark Driscoll, pastor of Mars Hill Church, and he discussed his new book Who Do You Think You Are?.  I can't say that I learned anything "new" in the discussion but I was intrigued and excited.  In my daily life I identify myself with what I do- my job, my friends, my money (or lack thereof!)  But the truest part of me- my true identity- is that I am "in Christ".  I am not my sin.  I am not the sum of my failures.  I am a loved child of God- redeemed, completely forgiven and free- and this is
the essence of the Gospel.  I am looking forward to reading this book tomorrow and preaching the Gospel to myself.  Want to join me?  I'll be reading Ephesians and give some thoughts next Wednesday.  Until then..


























Post a Comment