Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What I'm Reading Today




I have been listening to Ephesians on my iPod along with podcasts of sermons and Steve Brown Etc, a Christian talk show.  Two weeks ago, they hosted Mark Driscoll, pastor of Mars Hill Church, and he discussed his new book Who Do You Think You Are?.  I can't say that I learned anything "new" in the discussion but I was intrigued and excited.  In my daily life I identify myself with what I do- my job, my friends, my money (or lack thereof!)  But the truest part of me- my true identity- is that I am "in Christ".  I am not my sin.  I am not the sum of my failures.  I am a loved child of God- redeemed, completely forgiven and free- and this is
the essence of the Gospel.  I am looking forward to reading this book tomorrow and preaching the Gospel to myself.  Want to join me?  I'll be reading Ephesians and give some thoughts next Wednesday.  Until then..


























No comments: