Sunday, September 9, 2012

Moving Towards a Healthy Lifestyle

This is going to be the year that I...
LOSE WEIGHT 

OK..This is not a new years resolution. It's not a diet.It's another step in overall health and well being- spiritually, financially, and physically.

Look at some of the pictures on this site.  When I went to Moldova in 2010, I was up to 260 pounds (73 pounds overweight!).  I was exhausted at the end of every day and out of breath at the end of any extended walk.  Last year I lost about 10 pounds- an improvement but nowhere near what I need to lose to be in optimal health.
Moldova 2010

Over the past 2 years, I have been physically exhausted most of the time.  I work 60+ hours a week but even when "rested" I just didn't have any get up and go.  If you carry a 70 pound weight around your body 24-7 you'd be worn out too.  My 70 pounds of fat has to go.
I thought I was going to have a heart attack climbing this hill!



I have been using a website to track my calories/nutrition (both are equally important- anybody can lose weight and destroy their body).  My job is sedentary so I have been trying to walk as much as I can during the day.  I weighed myself today and was down to 228 pounds.  I have a lot more to lose (calorie count says that based on my BMI I should slim down to 187 pounds) but am tired of the "spare tire" and lack of energy.





  Your Ad Here

No comments: