Sunday, September 9, 2012

Something to be thankful for..

On my Facebook page Michigan Mom asked an important question-  "What are you 
thankful for today?" If I started a list I would be typing for hours and still not be 
anywhere near finished.  But there is one thing that stands out to me on this day...

I awoke this afternoon and turned on the radio hoping to hear that ObamaCare had been 
declared unconstitutional.  I was disappointed but also thankful.  Thankful that we live in a 
society where suicide bombers aren't bombing their political opponents.  Yes we disagree 
about fundamental issues- crucial issuebut we discuss, debate, argue, and legislate.  BUT...
We don't hack our enemies to death or issue fatwas for their demise.  




So, with less than a week before Independence Day, I am very thankful to be an American
and to have the freedom to disagree- even vehemently- with policy and procedure in a civil
manner.

Scripture for today:

 What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I am thankful to have a healthy family