Thursday, December 15, 2016

All I want for Christmas..in Albania #OCL2016


In 24 days, I'll be heading out to Albania to arrive after 17 hours of travel and layovers. I am trying to learn some Albanian (a few words at least!) as I'll get to visit K, my World Vision child on Wednesday morning (I arrive in Tirane at 11:20 pm on Tuesday night!). So I will hit the ground running with a full immersion in what World Vision is doing in the district of Elbasan. On Thursday or Friday (or both!) I hope to visit Mission Without Borders Albania in the coastal city of Durres. If you have Instagram, you can see pictures of their work at https://www.instagram.com/mwb_international.

While Operation Christmas Love parcels are being filled and distributed, there is still time to make sure this project is fully funded. As you can see, the need is great in Albania as well as the other 5 countries in Eastern Europe where Mission Without Borders works. For many families, putting food on the table is a daily struggle. Kledisa (in the story below) shared:

“I want to celebrate Christmas at home as all the children around the world do. We’re a Christian family. But we couldn’t celebrate it last year. We just wished each other ‘Merry Christmas’ and then went to bed. Mum cooked just beans, which was the only food we had. I saw her crying. Will a real Christmas ever come for us?”








Other Stories You Might Like

No comments: