Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Warm Weather and Humid Nights. It will be worth it in 2016!

Although summer doesn't begin for another month (June 21), it's already warm enough for me!  We will have highs in the 80's all week.  Thankfully, many of my shifts are at night in air conditioned buildings (although tonight the a/c is doing a lousy job).  


I was crunching numbers this week and it looks good.  Good for me means that a lot of debt will be paid off this year!  And that means I am one step closer to some time off and Albania.  I have a sponsored child there through World Vision who is growing up so fast.  I really would like to visit him sometime.  While I am there, I will be able to see the work World Vision and Mission Without Borders are doing in Albania.  I had hoped to be able to go this year.



Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.
(Proverbs 13:12 ESV)

  

But I am working on an action plan and searching the travel sites several times a week to get a feel for what the average prices would be. Has anyone used Priceline to BID on a low airfare? How did that work for you? I'm finding low airfares in the $1100 area. If I could save 30% by "naming my own price", that would save over $300 which would probably cover 5 days of a budget hotel.

I still like the idea of taking a month and traveling to Moldova, Romania, and Albania but that's not feasible for next year.  I thought the Romanian proverb was appropriate for this year.  It may be awful at times BUT it will be worth it if this winter I can set a date and buy tickets to Albania!



"Winter will ask you what you did during the summer." Romanian proverb



Tonight's Listening List


No comments: