"L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs" (hell is full of good wishes and desires).
Many people start the holiday season with the best of intentions. Maybe you want to focus on the religious aspect of Christmas this year. Volunteer at a homeless shelter. Go Christmas caroling. Sponsor a child.
As this video points out, the best of "likes"- intentions, well wishes, hopeful thoughts, are meaningless without action. Scripture says it like this, "
This doesn't have to be overwhelming. And this isn't written to condemn. I just really want this Christmas to be one without any regrets. Maybe pick 2-3 things that you want to do to bless others. Write them down and make a game plan for accomplishing these goals by Christmas.
Some of the things I have chosen.
- Participate in the Angel Tree program with the Salvation Army- even if it's something small.
- Buying alternative gifts in honor of loved ones. Many charities have gift catalogs that will benefit families and children.
- Go Christmas caroling. I might be able to go with our church. I went a few years ago and it was amazing how it cheered people to have someone go door to door caroling in a poor neighborhood.
- Send small gifts and gospel encouragement to family members I won't be able to see this holiday.
- Christmas Eve service at church. This is difficult due to my work schedule but I want to keep the true meaning of Christmas as the focus this year.
So what do you want to do this Christmas? Turn those good intentions into action.
Don't have regrets on December 26!