Sunday, December 9, 2012

What am I up to?



The Contented Drinker  (Adrian van Ostade)






con·tent·ment



Listening to a sermon series on Colossians.  
Recovering from spiritual amnesia.  
Trying to beat the Gospel into my head (thanks Luther)













CONTENTMENT is not the fulfillment of what you want but the realization of how much you already have in Christ. - Tullian Tchividjian


Resting travellers. (van Ostade)

Oh and I restarted Professor Grant Horner's Bible reading 
plan on the 5th.  I didn't want to wait until Jan 1st- because I know something will come up and throw me off schedule.

Today I start on the 4th chapter of Matthew, Genesis, Romans, 1 Thessalonians, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Joshua, Isaiah, and Acts.  Somehow I left off Acts yesterday- so I have to pick up at chapter 3.  Another good reason to type up the list and mark it off daily.  I bought a single column, ESV journaling bible online.  It's a nice hardback that should withstand heavy usage (and carting around in my backpack).

Subscribers, sorry for the double post- I hit update too quickly earlier.  Have a great day!















 Your Ad Here

No comments: