Friday, August 24, 2012

Wonder Washer



Last week I was in a pickle.  My hand washer (hand cranked tumbler) cracked last month and I was (again) spending $10 a week at the laundromat each week.  The previous washer was well made- I just dropped it on a tile floor and that did it.  To be honest, I was tired on the hand cranking anyhow.  I am not a Luddite and have nothing against electricity.  I just need a cheap way to get my clothes clean.



Enter Wonder Wash.  Searching on Amazon, this little electric machine caught my eye.  The price was right ($55) and it agitated itself!.  No more cranking!  I ordered it and it arrived Wednesday.  It is a small thing with a capacity of 10 L or 800 grams.  I put it to use right away.  I read the instructions, put 2 lightweight shirts in the tub, filled to the line and added 1/4 cup detergent.  There are two settings- standard and gentle.  I used standard and set the time to 14 minutes.  It agitates for 14 minutes.  Then you have to drain and hand rinse (not too difficult with the removable bucket by filling in the bathtub).  Wring out clothes and hang to dry!


This gizmo will pay for itself in about a month.  I love that I can set the timer, then go do something else, and have clean clothes in 15 minutes.  And I don't have to drag a suitcase of dirty clothes onto a bus and spend 2 hours waiting at the laundromat each week.














3 comments:

Danielle S. said...

What a great little machine! I wish I had one of those in college. I save money by using coupons whenever I can.

dhsauers(at)gmail.com

flairshare said...

What a great solution! It will probably last much longer than the average washing machine.

Jamie Leigh Martin said...


I'm buying that for myself.. like now.