Sunday, August 29, 2010

This week's readings



This week I plan on attempting to get more disciplined in reading books of an edifying nature as well as Scripture.  My intent in blogging this is to "put on paper" my commitment to finish/make significant progress on two books.

The first is less a book than a handbook.  It served as a instruction manual for early Christians on  how to conduct baptisms, the Lord's Supper, hospitality, etc.  It also devotes some time to moral issues of the day.  Interestingly, the same moral issues being "debated" by "churches" today were addressed and settled by the first century.






The second book, which I have already started, is a selection of sermons by St. John Chrysostom. All five sermons in this book were based on Christ's parable of the rich man and Lazarus.

















So much to read..so little time.  Oh I would be reading now but I have a awful headache.




No comments: