Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vaccination Time


Today I got my TDaP vaccine.  One quick shot will prevent tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis for 10 years.  The doc mentioned that there might me mild side effects of headache and sleepiness.


 After the  vaccination, I went to the zoo (yes it  was cold and drizzly but I did get to see a female Siberian tiger roll over and sit on command- all for a reward of raw  meat).  After the outdoor break, I took some Tylenol for a headache and  a "short" nap.   Well that short nap turned into over 7 hours as I woke up just in time to get ready  for work at 11. 

So, yes, the vaccine did produce all the side effects (my arm is still sore) but its one less thing to be concerned about as the trip is 21 days away!

I also visited Walgreens today and bought all the travel sized hand sanitizer, bandaids, neosporin, deodorant,toothpaste,etc.  One less thing to pack anyways.

No comments: