Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hello Hotels and changes in itinerary


Bucharest has made significant progress in developing 2 star budget hotels- even within the last year.  I was originally going to stay at a Ramada in a suburban area (but cheap due to employee discounts).  But I found a 2 star hotel (built in 2008!) less than 1/2 a mile from Gara de Nord (train/bus/subway station).  Reviews were positive on booking.com and I decided to make the plunge and stay near where I need to be- rather than 20 minutes away.  There are no reviews at all on Tripadvisor (Hello hotel is that new) so I get to be the first one (I hope).  And the price is with a dollar or so of what the Ramada was going to cost (and the Ramada had some pretty ugly reviews).


View Larger Map


I will be returning to Bucharest on Thursday night (rather than Friday) and spending 3 nights at the Hello hotel before flying home.  I just need to set a date to visit Jubilee (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday).

No comments: