Wednesday, December 9, 2009

99 days to go!

This week I finalized the majority of my plans for the March trip to Romania/ Moldova.  I will be flying out of Louisville on Thursday, March 18 and arriving in Bucharest on March 19th.  That evening I will take a bus or train to Chisinau, Moldova.  In Moldova, I will be staying at Svetlana’s Flat, a guesthouse for $21 a night. If this becomes a problem, there is a hotel in Chisinau (Cosmos) that has rooms for $45-50 a night.  While in Moldova, I hope to visit my sponsored child Mihai and sightsee around Moldova.  I will return to Bucharest on Thursday or Friday nights (all night bus trip again) and scored a deal on a 4 star Ramada in Bucharest ($37 a night with employee discount!) for Saturday and Sunday nights.  That weekend I hope to visit Jubilee and see the improvements at that ministry. 
Monday afternoon I leave Romania and fly to Amsterdam where I have an overnight layover.  I “named my own price” at Priceline and scored a 4 star airport hotel for $79 a night (budget hotels in Amsterdam were $70-80 a night).  There is an art museum at the airport and bus transportation to downtown by the airport .  Then Tuesday morning I return home to the states.
schipol

No comments: