Saturday, June 4, 2016

Planning a visit...


I've been searching online for prices and scheming trying to accomplish two tasks:  pay off debt and find a way to visit K in Albania.  I have sponsored K through World Vision for 9 years now and really want to visit him and his family.

Recently I saw an unreal price on the KLM website of $745 round trip.  I have never seen prices that low- even to Bucharest (a major hub) in the dead of winter.  I stewed for a couple of days, asked my boss about getting time off, and made the plunge.  Now I have a ticket to Albania for mid-January 2017.  I am so excited and nervous at the same time.  Not nervous about going alone- I've done this plenty of times.  But there is so much to do in the next 6 1/2 months.  I mailed the paperwork for a background check to World Vision.  This week I must apply for a new passport.  Then start saving money.  The good thing is that it looks like it's going to be relatively cheap for food and hotel once I get there

I will have a 12 hour layover in Rome on the way back so that might be a fun afternoon.
Until then, here's to a long hot summer!



Other Stories You Might Like
II've been searching online and schemni↑ Grab this Headline Animator

No comments: