Saturday, October 6, 2012

Reading at Night

Your Ad Here


I started reading The Institutes of the Christian Religion last year but got bogged down around Book 1 Chapter 13.  It was a deep read while it lasted.  Now, as we move into slow season at work, I'm doing to try to reread most of the Institutes, journal, and blog along the way.  I have as a guide David Calhoun, whose seminary course is available online for free.  It is a 12 week course, which should allow me to finish before New Years.

The volume of college and graduate level courses available online for free is amazing!  I am also considering a 12 week study on Dante from Yale University (online).  I have a terrific, clear prose translation (the poetry is a bit much for me) but never finished it.  I would be reading his biography and his "Divine Comedy" and listening to online lectures.








If I am able to accomplish both, I'll be very happy at the end of the year and it would be a good use of time as the nights get longer and colder and work slows down.  The key is self discipline and I'll grow in this area as well.


Have you ever pursued/tried an online education course?



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No I haven't ever pursued online education.

Mary Myers said...

I have not ever pursued online education

Amy Z said...

I haven't, but I did take a couple of online classes at my university.

Danielle S. said...

I've never pursued online education
dhsauers(at)gmail.com

Madison said...

Sort of! I'm considering online college, and I've done a lot of research (kind of schoolwork, sorta!) online. So I guess I'd say yes. :D

Dolly Madison

Unknown said...

No I haven't taken any online education.
Stephb3095@aol.com

Salleefur/Jesselyn/Jesster said...

Personally I have not - but my husband took several accounting classes and an intermediate Spanish course online.

Jesselyn A/Jesstinger
Jessterlyn(at)aol(dot)com

Stevie said...

No I have not BUT if I went to back to school it would definitely be online.

bryantsmommy07@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

No