Thursday, August 27, 2009

Encouragement

This evening I brought my Bible to work.  We are moving toward slow season again as the weather turns cooler. I have been reading the gospel of John along with a commentary (Preaching the Word series).

51EDTMZ42TL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_

I have had half my hours cut at one job which also cuts in half my debt snowball and savings.  I plan on questioning my manager about this on Friday.  Hopefully it will  not be a permanent issue.  But it is frustrating.

The encouragement is this:

7 Though I am surrounded by troubles,
      you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
   You reach out your hand,
      and the power of your right hand saves me.
8 The Lord will work out his plans for my life—
      for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
      Don’t abandon me, for you made me.

Psalm 138:7-8 (New Living Translation)

 

God’s plans will not be thwarted or stopped by circumstances in my life.  And that is comforting.  If He wants me to be out of debt, visit Mihai in Moldova, see the progress made at Jubilee, He will make a way.  My part is to be faithful and trust in Him.

 

Map picture

No comments: