Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wednesday's Word: Colossians- Jesus+Nothing=Everything Part 1

Jesus + Nothing = Everything (Part 1) from Coral Ridge | LIBERATE on Vimeo.



If you've never done it, you should listen to the entire book of Romans in one sitting. I found a free English Standard Version audio bible on Amazon and made a "playlist" of Romans for my iPod. By chapter 7 I was feeling ill. Hearing the Word of God made the truths of Romans and my depravity all the more real. Ruthless, heartless, disobedient. But thank God that He didn't leave us at Romans 6! When you feel the depths of sin and depravity and the hopelessness of chapter 7, chapter 8 is indeed good news!


This video is the first from a sermon series I've been listening to/watching over the past couple of months. I also bought the book (for self and family members). I know that in my own life, my view of Jesus is often too small. By this, I mean I feel the need to add something to the Gospel. Sure, Jesus saves me but now I need to do this or that. But the reality is that it- meaning salvation and everything we need for life and Godliness- has already been accomplished already by Christ! He is truly all that I need today- and tomorrow too!






No comments: