Friday, January 4, 2013

Operation Winter Rescue: Romania and Moldova



A short video of the annual "Operation Winter Rescue" in Romania.Every year Mission Without Borders assists poor families and the elderly with warm clothing,wood or coal (as needed), and supplies to assist them in the cold winter months.



This video, taken in Moldova, shows MWB assisting a boarding school with needed warm clothes. These boarding schools are homes for many children whose parents who cannot afford to care for them, have died, or have other familial issues. I visited my sponsored child in one of these homes in March. The school director showed me all the many physical improvements made to the facility. Not to mention the spiritual and emotional support provided by MWB through local churches. Mission Without Borders is making a real difference in the lives of thousands of children and families throughout Eastern Europe.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I donated money to the Red Cross for Hurrican Sandy victims. I will continue to take care of my Grandma in 2013.

Luda said...

One of my desires was always go on missionary trip, i never got a chance after got married and had kids on my own things got quite busy. With my kids we developed tradition "Operation Christmas Child' fill a shoe box with presents for kids in need.
My greatest desire to serve people in need and visit jails
Perhaps in 2013 God will open doors to that.

Unknown said...

In 2012 I just bought lunch and breakfast for co-workers. In 2013 I would love to volunteer but I have 2 new babes so my focus will be on my family.

Unknown said...

In 2012 I bought lunch and breakfast for a few co-workers. In 2013 I would love to do more for others but I have 2 new babes and am relocating so my focus is on my family for the time being.

Unknown said...

ive hepled others alot and would like to do more in 2013 and stop being lazy

Unknown said...

We haven't been able to donate monetarily as much as we have in the past...but we did donate a lot more time this past year... Habitat for Humanity was a big one for us as a family.. we also have made it a point that when we win a contest, etc..or receive something, we try to decide if we REALLY need it, or if it could help someone else out, we've donated a lot. :)

Ashley N. said...

I have been helping others with loading there groceries into the car, holding the door open and giving back to the goodwill with clothes.

Jenn Hiles said...

I made friends with a minister that runs and orphanage in Uganda. My daughter and I made them gift packages and helped pay the rent. It has been a great experience and I look forward to being able to help them in the future!