Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Zinus Mattress Review








In April, I began thinking about what I wanted to accomplish over the next year and a half. One goal was financial (a work in progress). Another was start a plan to visit K, my World Vision child in Albania (accelerated due to low prices!). And finally, since I've lived in the same apartment for 15 years, a new place to live . This apartment needs a lot of work and attention- more than just new carpet and a paint job.  So the search begins for a new place to live. Hopefully I can find a smaller place that is the  same or a little cheaper each month.

The idea of moving made me think of all the stuff I need to move- and what needs to be donated or thrown out.  I'm not one to go out and buy new furniture- although I did buy my bookcase, dresser, and desk. In high school. A long, long time ago. Everything else is hand me downs- which is fine- but some things need to be replaced. The number one "thing to be replaced" was my bed. Rather than buy a new box spring and new mattress, I began looking at more affordable foam mattresses. If you're on the internet at all, these are the new rage. Instead of inner spring coils, you've got inches of memory foam and high density support foam that provide firm support for side and back sleepers.

I started looking online and on Amazon and found a good deal on a Zinus 8 inch mattress and metal bed frame/foundation. and made the plunge.  I called 1-800-GOT-JUNK and disposed of the old mattress and box springs (thrift stores don't accept these anymore and I don't feel right just tossing them into a dumpster under cover of night).  The frame took me about an hour to put together (I've never put anything together in my life so I was slow)  The mattress came compressed.  You carefully cut the plastic and allow it to grow to the full 8 inch thickness.  Everything was shipped directly to my door from Amazon and I was sleeping in it that afternoon!

The mattress is very firm- the old spring mattress I had pressure spots and was worn.  For me it was  great nights sleep from the very first night.  My back does not hurt in the mornings as the memory foam gives where needed but provides firm support as well.  I've had the bed set over 60 days and cannot imagine NOT having a foam mattress.  It was very affordable- $267 on sale for the mattress AND platform with headboard.  I was able to get free shipping with Amazon as well.

If you are looking for a new mattress and need firm support and are on a budget, I would highly recommend this mattress.  It comes with a 10 year limited warranty as well!  I paid full price for my mattress (it was on sale) and did not receive any compensation for this post.

If you make a purchase using the Amazon link on this page I will receive a small commission which will help families in Eastern Europe through World Vision or Mission Without Borders.  Thanks!






Other Stories You Might Like





No comments: