Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Week Two: Through The Bible in 90 Days


This week I finished Genesis and Exodus.  It was a whirlwind tour of familiar (and some less familiar) territory.  This week (based on the schedule I have), I should finish another 2 books (Leviticus and Numbers).  However, I think I'm going to mix it up a bit and tackle a Gospel.  So I'll be reading Leviticus and Matthew this week.  Probably Numbers and Mark next week.




I keep thinking about Joseph and his exile into Egypt.  Everywhere he went God made him prosper but still- to be exiled and abandoned.  Sold into slavery by his own brothers!  Somehow he managed to maintain perspective and acknowledge God's sovereignty in ALL THINGS.

There are so many things to think about and meditate on from these first two books of the Bible.  But one other thing that stuck out is when the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart.   The whole idea of human responsibility (remember Pharaoh hardened his heart numerous times first) and divine control (but God hardened his heart) is somehow comforting (and a little scary).  Horrible, bad, and tragic things will happen.  Yet, somehow, a loving God is always in control and will work out ALL things for the good of those who love Him.







No comments: